Biological, Plant Growth Regulator
SmartBlock® plant growth regulator is a post-harvest sprout inhibitor that safely, quickly and effectively burns off “peeping” sprouts and restores dormancy to all varieties of potatoes without affecting potato quality.
- May be applied as a stand-alone treatment or with other sprout inhibitors
- Further sprouting of potatoes is prevented up to seven months depending on variety, sprout length, use rate and storage conditions
- Has a unique mode of action that actively burns off sprouts and restores dormancy to tubers
- Classified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as an approved direct food additive and by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a biopesticide
- Can suppress certain post-harvest diseases and prevent disease spread inside storage facilities
- Safe to use on a wide range of potato varieties under commercial conditions
Contact Your Product Rep
The following state is in discontinuance: Virginia
Find a Retailer
Get what you need, nearby.
Labeling & SDS
AMVAC’s website is updated regularly and may not contain the most current EPA registered product label or safety data sheet. Please contact your local AMVAC representative to confirm you have current product information. It is the sole responsibility of the end user to read and follow product use directions and to comply with all federal, state or local laws. This product may not be registered in all states and users are advised to confirm that the product is registered in all states of intended use.