The Utility Crew position is responsible for the safe and environmentally sustainable packaging of various products at the Axis site and other tasks as directed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects, adjusts, isolates, monitors, operates and repairs plant equipment.
- Identifies and reports plant conditions as necessary.
- Packages materials as directed in one of the following area:
- Granules Plant
- Drumming Plant
- Bottling Plant
- Synthesis (Alkanol)
- In times of low production may be required to carry out housekeeping, painting or other duties as requested.
- All areas may be subject to high and low temperatures at different times of the year and include the possibility of dusty environments.
- Complies with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be able to work weekend and day/night 12 hour rotating shifts when necessary.
- Must be able to work above and beyond normal hours during application season while maintaining high energy and safety levels.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must have a commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment to achieve production requirements.
- Must be able to perform minor maintenance.
- Must be able to physically meet the needs of the job to include, climbing stairs, wearing respiratory protection, lift at least 70 pounds and varying physical tasks.
- Must have good written and verbal communication.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Entry level
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.