The Site Maintenance Manager will lead the Maintenance team at AMVAC Chemical’s manufacturing plant assuring the safety and success of the daily plant production.
AMVAC’s Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the plant’s maintenance work and for ensuring effective use of people, resources, materials and equipment to obtain optimum performance. This specialty chemical manufacturing plant operates 7 x 24 x 365 days a year and produces products for agricultural use world-wide. The Maintenance Manager will oversee the plant’s maintenance by understanding and safely adhering to AMVAC’s process and procedures and manage through clear and concise communication.
AMVAC, an American Vanguard company, successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. (NYSE: AVD)
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing plant maintenance including making personnel and equipment available for maintenance activities; reviewing design specifications and engineering drawings that involve a change in the existing facilities and coordinating with plant management
- Coordinate maintenance work to be done, provide the necessary drawings, sketches, or photographs to perform the job and define personnel requirements, materials, tools and equipment
- Investigate the work order requests communicating regularly with the originator, operations and maintenance supervision, and with engineering personnel as necessary
- Work with engineers and management to decide whether jobs will be performed by company maintenance or outside contractors; review bids and ensure contractors meet AMVAC’s standards and procedures
- Monitors the execution of maintenance work in progress to ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements
- Responsible for overall development and compliance of mechanical integrity including coordinating the inspection program
- Work with Operations and Project Engineering to define inspection intervals for process equipment and initiate systematic corrective action for deficiencies identified in the process
- Coordinate, monitor, witness and evaluate the execution of testing and inspection activities as required by the Quality Assurance program
- Plan, organize, schedule and supervise maintenance activity for plant shutdowns and turnarounds which will ensure all maintenance activities progress as efficiently as possible
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department in gathering pricing information on new materials and upgrades; assist in expediting delivery on critical materials and equipment
- Coordinate stock levels with plant’s Storeroom Manager and monitor store stock materials and spare parts which have a high usage rate in the plant
- Maintain inspection data and adjust inspection and testing intervals as called for by the changes in the data
- Collect baseline inspection data as required for equipment files (i.e. thickness data, internals, MAWP, etc.)
- Keep in touch with the latest technology affecting materials and equipment in the plant
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ Maintenance experience in an operating chemical plant with direct production responsibility
- 3+ years’ management experience in an industrial setting
- Experience and knowledge of equipment including pumps, reactors, heat exchangers, instrumentation, motors
- Continuous and batch manufacturing
- Certifications: PSM; PHA; OSHA; Hazwoper
- PLC & DCS experience required; DeltaV experience preferred
- Technical report writing and presentations that are clear, concise and informative
- Spreadsheet (EXCEL) ability essential; MS WORD, OUTLOOK, etc.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of AMVAC personnel
- Must also pass post‐offer drug test, background check and other appropriate tests as required
- B.S. ENGINEERING preferred OR
- H.S. or A.S. with additional relevant coursework and Equivalent Experience required*
*The incumbent should be either a graduate Engineer with field supervising experience or a promoted craftsman with supervisory experience and good technical knowledge. In some instances, an individual with other than an engineering or craftsman background who possesses broad mechanical knowledge and supervisory skills may be considered for the position.
- Generous compensation package with exceptional benefits and current salary range of $90,000 to $110,000
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision offered at low cost to employees and their families
- Life; AD&D insurance for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) with employee discount AMVAC is an American Vanguard Company (NYSE: AVD)
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program and other benefits
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.