The Instrument and Electrical (I & E) Technician B position is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing process instruments, controls and electrical circuits. The Technician B efficiently repairs, or if necessary, replaces the plant equipment in order to permit the plant to operate on a continuous basis. The I & E Technician meets these responsibilities by understanding and safely adhering to standard I & E procedures and techniques
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Proficient troubleshooting and calibrating process instruments.
- Functional understanding of process instrumentation preventive maintenance procedures.
- Proficient at troubleshooting & the repair of process valves and actuators.
- Capable of troubleshooting instrument loops by using loop sheets.
- Proficient at fabrication and installation of instrument tubing.
- Proficient at troubleshooting & calibrating Ph and conductivity transmitters.
- A working knowledge of DCS (Honeywell) control systems.
- Proficient at troubleshooting & the repair of electrical control circuits.
- Proficient at proper disconnecting and rewiring of electric motors.
- Proficient at troubleshooting & the repair (or replacement) of motor starters.
- Proficient reading and working from prints, schematics, P&ID’s, etc…
- Capable of determining motor condition by the use of a megger.
- Proficient at installing conduit and pulling wire for electrical circuits.
- Proficient in the use of electrical hand tools, power tools and testers used to install or repair electrical equipment.
- Able to work with production to troubleshoot problems.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Performs other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to pass written and field test for each level.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing/replacing motor starters.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and rebuilding valves and actuators
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing electrical circuits
- Proficient in reading and working from prints
- Proficient reading, understanding and working with P&ID’s.
- Proficient testing equipment using a megger.
- Able to unwire and wire an electric motor.
- Must participate in the Safety blood draw program if applicable.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the random drug test.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.
- We participate in the E-Verify Federal Identification System.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform light work including but not limited to: operating and activating; communicating and listening; detecting and perceiving; sitting or standing; moving and traversing; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Occasionally this position may be very active and requires standings, walking, ascending and descending; position self by bending, kneeling stooping, crouching; crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. At this time the employee may frequently safely lift and transport items over 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to Travel:
- This position does require the ability to travel if required.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, non-exempt position.
- This position maybe required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational or technical degree preferred
- AIDT Training strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as a maintenance electrician, instrument tech or I&E is preferred.
- Prior chemical manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Honeywell, AB and E&H instrument experience a plus.