The Instrument and Electrical (I & E) technician position is responsible for safely maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing the physical equipment in the plant, correctly, and efficiently. The Technician efficiently repairs, or if necessary, replaces the plant equipment in order to permit the plant to operate on a continuous basis. The I & E Technician meets these responsibilities by understanding and safely adhering to standard I & E procedures and techniques.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Functional understanding of process instrumentation preventive maintenance procedures.
- Proficient at fabrication and installation of instrument tubing.
- Proficient at troubleshooting and calibrating Ph and conductivity transmitters.
- Proficient troubleshooting and calibrating process instruments.
- Proficient at troubleshooting and the repair of process valves and actuators.
- Capable of troubleshooting instrument loops by using loop sheets.
- A working knowledge of DCS (Honeywell) control systems.
- Proficient at troubleshooting and the repair of electrical control circuits.
- Proficient at proper disconnecting and rewiring of electric motors.
- Proficient at troubleshooting and the repair (or replacement) of motor starters.
- Proficient reading and working from prints, schematics, P&ID’s, etc…
- Capable of determining motor condition by the use of a megger.
- Proficient at installing conduit and pulling wire for electrical circuits.
- Proficient in the use of electrical hand tools, power tools and testers used to install or repair electrical equipment.
- Able to work with production to troubleshoot problems.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform light work including but not limited to: operating and activating; communicating and listening; detecting and perceiving; sitting or standing; moving and traversing; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Occasionally this position may be very active and requires standings, walking, ascending and descending; position self by bending, kneeling stooping, crouching; crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. At this time the employee may frequently safely lift and transport items over 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to Travel:
- This position may require the ability to travel as determined by management.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, non-exempt position.
- This position maybe required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
Skills & Qualifications
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to pass written and field test for each level.
- Functional understanding of the plant areas.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing of flow indicating equipment; including initial set up.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing of pressure transmitters; including initial set up.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing of Ph and conductivity transmitters & probes.
- Proficient reading, understanding and working with instrument loop drawings.
- Proficient in establishing the specifications for instruments and electrical equipment.
- Must participate in the Safety blood draw program if applicable.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the random drug test.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational or technical degree preferred.
- AIDT Training strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as a maintenance electrician, instrument tech or I&E is preferred.
- Prior chemical manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Honeywell, AB and E&H instrument experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.