Perform a range of professional clinical Paramedic practices on site in the assistance of overall medical care of injuries and exposures.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for monthly CHE Blood Draws and updating Employee Blood Draw List on weekly basis.
- Properly implement, complete and maintain all safety program documentation and employee care report forms.
- Maintain a reasonable state of readiness to respond to an emergency in a timely manner.
- Treatment of employees in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies to ensure proper functioning.
- Conduct employee Respirator Fit Testing / training and ensure that documentation is retained.
- Conduct periodic drug testing.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives and reports all discrepancies and unsafe conditions to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Health and Safety Manager and/or Plant Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be a role model and be recognized as a leader with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both orally and in written form.
- Manages all resources related to manpower, assets, and capabilities while juggling multiple priorities and following policies and procedures.
- Interacts with subordinates and managers on a daily basis to deal with, influence and motivate employees or groups of people while aligning work with strategic goals.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Able to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the random drug test.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- Current and Active National Registry (NREMT) and (ACLS).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 years industrial paramedic experience preferred or a combination of education and experience equivalent to the above requirements.
- Construction and chemical/industrial plant knowledge preferred.
AMVAC, an American Vanguard company, successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. (NYSE: AVD)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.