AMVAC is looking for a Material Handler with experience working with chemicals to join their manufacturing team at the L.A. facility. Experience loading tanker trucks required; train tank cars desired.
AMVAC®, an American Vanguard Company, has successfully served the results-driven global markets through development, manufacturing, and marketing products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Load chemicals and bulk materials safely
- Connect of hoses and fittings to tankers and tank cars
- Determine proper unloading devices to load and unload bulk quantities of hazardous materials safely to avoid spills or emissions
- Label, wrap, seal, and palletize finished goods for shipment
- Fill out BOL (Bill of Lading) properly to ensure compliance with DOT requirements for shipments of hazardous materials
- Work with Quality Control Chemists to obtain samples of incoming shipments
- Operate related equipment i.e. forklifts, wrapping machine, drum picker, pumps, etc.
- Troubleshoot systems and detect malfunctions that would affect safe operation; be able to describe malfunctions to maintenance personnel even in emergency situations
- Assist maintenance during breakdowns and shutdowns
- Ensure compliance with regulatory safety & environmental requirements and all company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience loading and unloading of tank trucks and tank cars
- Experience handling hazardous materials in bulk quantities including liquids and pellets
- 1+ year of experience moving and sorting of palletized goods and loading & unloading of trailers
- Ability to use hand tools for connections and disconnections of hazardous chemicals
- Use of a handheld calculator to calculate loading, sizing, and weight determination
- Read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Must be able to function while wearing PPE - personal protective equipment - including half-face, full-face respirator; a supplied air breathing apparatus
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Forklift experience (sit-down)
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug test, and background check
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Hourly compensation starts from $23 to $25
- Life and AD&D insurance for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP)
- Additional benefits include Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay and Wellness program
AMVAC, an American Vanguard company, successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. (NYSE: AVD)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.