The Chemical Packager is responsible for the safe and environmentally sustainable packaging of various products at the Axis manufacturing plant. As a member of this team, you will operate various equipment to package, sort, store and prepare products for shipment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects, adjusts, isolates, monitors, operates and repairs plant equipment.
- Identifies and reports plant conditions as necessary.
- Packages materials as directed in one of the following area:
- Granules Plant
- Drumming Plant
- Bottling Plant
- Work in areas that are subject to high and low temperatures at different times of the year and include the possibility of dusty environments.
- Complies with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
Skills & Qualifications
- Commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
- Work in a team environment to achieve production requirements.
- Perform minor maintenance.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Meet the physical requirements of the job including climbing stairs, wearing respiratory protection, lift at least 70 pounds and varying physical tasks.
- Must be able to work weekend and day/night 12 hour rotating shifts when necessary.
- Willing to work beyond normal hours during Application season while maintaining high energy and safety levels.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- 1+ year of warehouse or package experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.