The Warehouse Stock Clerk at AMVAC’s Los Angeles manufacturing plant is responsible for managing and maintain the parts warehouse including stocking, organizing, inventory management and customer service to support the day-to-day manufacturing needs safely. AMVAC’s manufacturing plant operates 24x7x365 delivering agricultural and chemical solutions to customers world-wide. A well-organized, well-managed and clean warehouse is essential to this job.
AMVAC Corporation is a subsidiary of American Vanguard Corporation, a diversified specialty and agricultural products company that develops and markets products for crop protection management, turf and ornamentals management, and public safety and animal health applications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide customer service to satisfy the production parts requirements as requested
- Check inventory reports daily to get the list of items for reorder
- Issuing parts, receiving and stocking parts as requested by internal customers
- Update parts log sheet and inventory cards
- Collect and distribute uniforms
- Follow instructions and complete other miscellaneous tasks as directed by supervisor(s) and assigned management
- Track inventory using spreadsheets and databases; prepare memos using word processing
- Maintain excellent interpersonal, telephone and organizational skills
- Warehouse housekeeping
- Provide staff support to other departments assuming various staff responsibilities in the absence of personnel
- Perform additional related duties and responsibilities as assigned following all safety and environmental guidelines
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in Parts Inventory Management – manufacturing experience desired
- Excellent Computer Skills including EXCEL; MS WORD; ERP solutions
- Knowledge and experience in machinery parts and tools
- Purchasing practices and inventory strategy
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures
- OSHA, Cal OSHA, Hazmat Certifications / Training desirable
- Track record of performing all functions in compliance with safety rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills that are clear and concise, both orally and in writing
- Capable of perform multiple tasks simultaneously & working well under pressure
- Fork Lift experience
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with personnel and assigned departments
- Must pass post-offer physical, drug test and background check; pass other tests as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- •Competitive pay starting at $21.00 depending on experience
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance – Low cost to employees
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching after 30 days of employment
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) with employee discount available
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay and More!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.