Responsible for hands‐on supervision through lead operators of the manufacturing activities of an operational chemical process unit, utilizing highly hazardous chemicals. This position reports to the Plant Manager, and is accountable for the safe, continuous and efficient operations, resulting in desired quantity and quality of product.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Exercises direct supervision over Lead Operators or operators with respect to operating parameters, procedures, production volume, quality of production, and meets production schedules
- Stimulates maximum safety, efficiency and productivity of production personnel
- Ensures safe and efficient utilization of equipment in Unit
- Confers with Plant Manager in establishment of shift standard and working schedules for all technical and metam unit personnel
- Maintains 100% compliance with all company policies, safety standards, environmental permits & regulations and good housekeeping practices
- Prepares inventory and production reports
- Prepares and maintains unit operating & maintenance records
- Responsible for proper maintenance and inspections as required under PSM
- Write new SOP’s, and reviews SOP’s for completion and accuracy
- Issues Hot Work, Line Breaking, and Confined Space permits as needed
- Participates in emergency response drills and is a part of the plant emergency Response Team
- If needed, participates in Process Hazard Analysis / Safety Committee / Environmental Committee, and Other meetings
- Participates in training of new hires and writing of Training Program
- Participates in conducting safety training
- Participates in evaluation and certification of personnel as far as operational capability is concerned
- Work closely with other departments to schedule and ensure receipt and shipment of raw material and product
- Survey all operating data on a daily basis to determine areas of process investigations, determine causes and implement remedial actions
- Schedules and orders unit operating supplies, raw materials, etc.
- Perform other plant activities relating to operations, maintenance, or engineering or as outlined by Plant Manager
This Position includes:
Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA). 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchasing Plan offered. Additional benefits include Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay and Wellness program.
Commensurate with experience
Skills & Qualifications
Must also pass post‐offer drug testing, background check and other appropriate tests as required.
Bachelor Degree in chemical engineering or chemical technology or related technical field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in specialty chemical manufacturing field
- First line supervisory experience in a chemical plant or related field
- This position requires excellent interpersonal & communication skills coupled with above average analytical and technical skills