The SIMPAS* Technologies Technical Representative (STTR) serves as the primary technical resource for AMVAC’s commercial SIMPAS Technologies equipment offerings – SmartBox+ and SIMPAS. The STTR is the primary liaison between AMVAC’s sales representatives for SIMPAS-applied Solutions (SaS) and SmartBox products; SaS Retail Agents and/or SmartBox+ product retailers, and farmers who express interest in using SIMPAS-applied Solutions or Ag input products that are packaged in SmartBox containers.
The STTR will facilitate connections between prospective farmer customers and equipment dealers who will sell new SmartBox+ or SIMPAS application systems, serving as a principal resource to address questions, present key features, benefits & technical details, and ultimately to help close the sale for the equipment.
*SIMPAS® (Smart Integrated Multi-product Prescription Application System)
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Upon being notified by a Sales Rep or Agent/Retailer of a farmer’s interest in SaS and/or SmartBox products, the STTR will be responsible for following up with the farmer customer with the potential to result in the farmer’s purchase of a new SIMPAS or SmartBox+ system from a targeted equipment dealer.
The initial objective of the STTR’s follow-up will be to answer questions regarding the application equipment itself and to facilitate getting the farmer in touch with a nearby equipment dealer who can sell, install, and service SIMPAS and/or SmartBox+ equipment. The ultimate objective of each STTR follow-up will be to have the farmer purchase a new SIMPAS or SmartBox+ application system.
- Represent SIMPAS and/or SmartBox+ application equipment to retail partners and prospective farmer customers in targeted meetings / sessions in the Central Region: Central IA, MN, Northern MO with a preference for a candidate in Des Moines / Ankeny / Cedar Rapids / Mankato
- Serve as the SIMPAS and/or SmartBox+ subject matter expert to whom SaS/SmartBox-product sales reps can direct prospective farmer customers with questions regarding SIMPAS Technologies
- Build positive business relationships with Precision Ag employees at business locations where SaS and/or SmartBox-packaged products will be sold to help identify targeted farmer prospects who may be interested in using SIMPAS Technologies
- Coordinate with other member of the SIMPAS Technologies team to assist in capturing and transferring key data points from farmer customers throughout the season (e.g., prescription data, as-applied data, yield data), as necessary
- Provide SIMPAS and SmartBox+ technical expertise and training for retail partners, prospective farmer customers and equipment dealers
- Build positive business relationships with the targeted equipment dealers within the assigned geography and serve as the primary SIMPAS Technologies expert to the equipment dealers in implementing trainings, addressing questions, and providing commercial business support
- Identify, prioritize, and support development and deployment of technical and marketing resources needed by equipment dealers
- Support forecasting and demand planning for SIMPAS and SmartBox+ equipment (working) with member of the SIMPAS Technologies team
- Provide support for other tasks, as assigned by the SIMPAS Technologies Commercial Manager
- College degree desired or equivalent experience in agriculture, crop sciences, weed science
- 5+ years of technical experience within farm machinery, precision agriculture or crop input sales and marketing
- Technical knowledge of farm machinery
- In-depth knowledge of in-furrow crop inputs
- Functional knowledge of precision agriculture and SIMPAS Technologies
- Experience developing and delivering presentations, answering detailed questions and supporting sales efforts
- Power Point, Excel, MS WORD
- Company-leased vehicle
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program and more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.