Now hiring – Omaha! AMVAC is growing their SIMPAS Solutions presence across the United States and will be adding a Regional Sales Representative to the team for Nebraska. The SIMPAS application system and SIMPAS-applied Solutions ™ ( SAS) are the next evolution in prescriptive application using agronomic analyses from a variety of data sources to develop prescriptions that are precisely and variably applied in-furrow at planting. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales representative with a successful track record to work in a new dimension of agriculture.
In this role, you will be the expert regarding SaS products and be able to describe how to optimize a farmer’s ROI when SaS is applied prescriptively. Your job is to create demand for SaS and then hand-off farmers with interest in SaS to the appropriate SIMPAS Technologies Technical Representatives (STTR) who works closely with retail partners & agents. The SIMPAS STTR will answer the farmer’s questions about SIMPAS. Farmers can’t apply SaS without SIMPAS so you, the STTR and retailers are dependent on one another, making the ability to build excellent working relationships a requirement.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prospect for new business with retailers who are actively engaged in precision ag and prescriptive application who will actively promote and sell SaS sales to farmers
- Establish and support new SaS Retail Agent locations and be the go-to person for everything related to SaS (product knowledge, marketing programs, etc.) for established SaS Retail Agent locations with proven commitment to Precision Agriculture and to actively promote and sell SaS
- Call on Agent-identified prospect farmers to create interest in prescriptive SaS to improve net farm income
- Make one-on-one sales calls on individual farmers with strong potential to become SaS users based on the presence of problems that can be solved or mitigated with prescriptive SaS
- Work with appropriate personnel at each SaS Retail Agent location to identify farmer prospects with potential to benefit financially from prescriptive SaS application.
- Qualify individual farmers as viable SaS users & deliver the prospect farmer’s info to the appropriate SIMPAS Technologies Technical Representative (STTR) so the STTR can follow up with the farmer to discuss buying and using SIMPAS to prescriptively apply SaS
- Communicate features and benefits of prescriptive SaS as part of a cross-functional team that conducts SaS-focused sales calls on farmers, retailers, and other key stakeholders to increase market penetration of SaS
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with local STTR’s to enable high percentage of SIMPAS sales to prospects based on pre-qualification of prospects’ need for SaS before STTR follows up with prospect
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with AMVAC non-SaS Sales Reps and Key Account Managers to ensure professional communication and maintenance of AMVAC image to SaS customers (farmers and retailers) who engage with AMVAC regarding non-SaS products
- Deliver quarterly SaS and SIMPAS/SB+ sales objectives within assigned budget parameters
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven ability to close new business crop input sales with first-time customers
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to large crowds & key decision-makers
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Honesty, integrity, team player, enthusiasm, relationship building, establishing trust, creative
- Responsive to customers and supervisors; receptive to coaching and constructive critique,
- Dedicated to achieving team and corporate goals; willing to work long hours
- Requires ability to travel and stay in hotels at least 3 nights per week during selling and planting season
- MS Office including Word, EXCEL & PowerPoint
- Ability to pass post-offer background check
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of sales experience in agriculture or related field
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision plans at low cost to the employees
- Health Savings / Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.