The Safety Technician supports and assists the Health, Safety & Security Manager in achieving and maintaining compliance for AMVAC’s (Los Angeles locations) with federal, state, local and other applicable laws and regulations and, the AMVAC’s corporate objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform and document audits, inspections, observations and appropriate corrective actions for the Health, Safety and Security Department to maintain and improve AMVAC’s safety performance
- Conduct and assist Department Managers / Supervisors with Tailgate meetings
- Conduct respiratory fit testing
- Assist with issuing safe work permits
- Perform safety equipment inspections
- Assist with safety training
- Assist with incident investigations and hazard corrections
- Observe and coach employees on safety policies and procedures
- Assist with recordkeeping
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Health, Safety and Security Manager
Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact with Supervisors and other plant personnel
- Communicate effectively with all levels of AMVAC personnel
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Must pass post-offer physical, background checks and other appropriate testing as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent – Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field preferred
- Safety training and/or Certifications – OSHA 500, OSHA 511, OSHA 5109, OSHA 5119, OSHA 30-hour general Industry, etc.
- 1+ year of relevant experience, preferably in a chemical plant or petrochemical or manufacturing industry and/or degree
- Compensation commensurate to experience
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision,
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
AMVAC Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, is an essential business that successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. (NYSE: AVD)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.