The Safety Technician serves as a safety resource for all AMVAC personnel to administer a proactive program to assure facility wide compliance through company, Federal OSHA and Local and State Relations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Educate and define Health and Safety policies and procedures to assure facility wide compliance.
- Assists in updating Health & Safety procedures.
- Conducts weekly safety audits of the plant and submits report.
- Performs daily walk-arounds of the plant to ensure that employees and contractors are following all Health & Safety policies.
- Audits Company and contractor equipment and document for compliance.
- Reviews and approves hot work permits, safe work permits and confined space permits.
- Facilitate new hire, annual and post-incident training for all AMVAC personnel, contractors.
- Assists in new hire orientation/safety training as needed.
- In conjunction with the lead investigator, assists the initiation and follow-up of incident investigation for closure.
- Tracks all action items from weekly audits and creates a weekly report.
- Works closely with the Health and Safety manager to monitor and improve company objectives.
- Comply and ensure compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Comply and ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Perform other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform light work including but not limited to: operating and activating; communicating and listening; detecting and perceiving; sitting or standing; moving and traversing; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Occasionally this position may be very active and requires standings, walking, ascending and descending; position self by bending, kneeling stooping, crouching; crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. At this time the employee may frequently safely lift and transport items over 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to Travel:
This position does require the ability to travel if required.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, non-exempt position.
- This position may be required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
- Good understanding of the current company objectives and committed to achieving the goals relating to this position.
- Strong philosophy, principles and practices of risk management.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and Federal, State and Local Relations.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to participate in the respiratory program which includes but is not limited to being clean shaven and able to wear a respirator when safety needs dictate.
- Must participate in random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree Preferred.
3 years’ industrial safety experience preferred or a combination of education and experience equivalent to above requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.