AMGUARD Environmental Technologies (“AMGUARD”) is seeking an experienced sales professional to manage and grow sales in the South Central region of the US. The Regional Sales Manager (“RSM”) will be responsible for the Pest Control and Turf & Landscape sales in this region. They will report directly to the VP of Sales and will be responsible for achieving consistent sales growth in the region, developing and executing new sales opportunities, and working successfully with distributor sales reps to meet company performance and growth goals.
Job Location: Candidate will work from home, preferably in a metro area of TX and cover the South Central region of the US; frequent travel (50%+) required to meet AMGUARD’s business objectives in the region.
AMGUARD Environmental Technologies is an emerging provider of non-crop and specialty technology solutions for the U.S. Public Health, Pest Control, Ornamental & Greenhouse, Golf, Lawn & Landscape, Foodservice, and Consumer markets. We are the specialty markets division of AMVAC Chemical Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Vanguard Corporation.
From our Research Triangle Park, North Carolina headquarters and labs, AMGUARD discovers, develops, and commercializes a diverse portfolio of proven chemistries, innovative technologies, and green solutions into diverse markets. At our core, we are innovators. We are committed to protecting the population from disease vectors, mitigating structural pest damage, creating healthy foodservice environments and outdoor living spaces, and maintaining outdoor sports and recreation venues. Our mission is to provide our customers with powerful technology solutions to keep their businesses strong and growing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key distributor sales representatives and their managers to build the AMGUARD brand with distribution and to expand the distribution of AMGUARD products. Primary focus is on Pest control products within the portfolio but will be encouraged to and rewarded for selling entire product portfolio.
- Build and expand strong relationships with key accounts, industry influencers, end-users, and key industry groups in the region.
- Sell AMGUARDs portfolio of proven chemistries, new technologies and growing portfolio of low-impact solutions to distributors with the technical and product acumen necessary to position AMGUARD products in collaboration with distributor sales reps in the territory.
- Work closely with their Sales Manager to develop and execute winning regional sales plans to meet/exceed sales and gross margin targets.
- Identify new business development and marketing opportunities in the region and communicate them clearly with their Sales Manager and Marketing team.
- Successfully launch new products in region with channel partners and end users.
- Support and collaborate with management to develop effective marketing and lead generation programs in the region.
- Utilize CRM or like process to manage personal customer sales and marketing initiatives.
- Deliver concise sales reports monthly or as requested by their Sales Manager.
- Leverage existing distributor and end-user relationships to strengthen selling efforts.
- Work with AMGUARD finance and operations teams as needed to support customer initiatives.
- Identify and communicate new product development and acquisition opportunities to the executive team.
- Work closely with executive management, distribution, RSMs and commercial team members to create a meaningful, rewarding, and fun work culture.
- Partner with executive management, distribution, RSMs and commercial team members to provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience selling control products to US Professional Pest Control and Public Health markets.
- Strong sales ability and negotiation skills.
- A proven track record of meeting/exceeding profitable sales targets.
- A creative and resourceful mindset that thrives in entrepreneurial environments.
- A focus on leadership by example, a bias for results and execution, and a proven drive to succeed.
- Proven ability to learn and convey product features and benefits to technical buyers as an expert in the industry.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
- Power Point, Excel, and Word skills required.
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- Experience working with distribution to successfully grow market share.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience.
- Amazing health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday pay
- Wellness program
- Company vehicle and T&E budget
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.