AMVAC Environmental Products (“AEP”) is seeking an experienced sales professional to manage and grow sales in the South Central (Texas) region of the US. The Regional Sales Manager (“RSM”) will be responsible for the Pest control sales in this region. They will report directly to the Vice President of Commercial Operations and will be responsible for achieving consistent sales growth in the region, developing/ executing new sales opportunities, and working successfully with distributor sales reps to meet company performance and growth goals.
Job Location: Candidate will work from home, preferably in a metro area in Texas and cover the South Central region of the US; frequent travel (50%+) required to meet AEP’s business objectives in the region.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key distributor sales representatives and their managers to build the AEP brand with distribution and to expand the distribution of AEP products. Primary focus is on Pest control products within the portfolio but will be encouraged to and rewarded for selling entire product portfolio.
- Build and expand strong relationships with key accounts, industry influencers, end-users, and key industry groups in the region.
- Sell AEPs portfolio of proven chemistries, new technologies and growing portfolio of low-impact solutions to distributors with the technical and product acumen necessary to position AEP products in collaboration with distributor sales reps in the territory.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Commercial Operations to develop and execute winning regional sales plans to meet/exceed sales and gross margin targets.
- Identify new business development and marketing opportunities in the region and communicate them clearly with the Vice President of Commercial Operations. and other members of the commercial team.
- Successfully launch new products in Region with channel partners and end users.
- Support and collaborate with management to develop effective marketing and lead generation programs in the region.
- Ulitize CRM or like process to manage personal customer sales and marketing initiatives.
- Deliver concise sales reports monthly or as requested by the Vice President of Commercial Operations.
- Leverage existing distributor and end-user relationships to strengthen selling efforts.
- Work with AEP finance and operations teams as needed to support customer initiatives.
- Identify and communicate new product development and acquisition opportunities to the executive team.
- Work closely with executive management, distribution, RSMs and commercial team members to create a meaningful, rewarding and fun work culture.
- Partner with executive management, distribution, RSMs and commercial team members to provide accurate monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong sales ability and negotiation skills
- A proven track record of meeting/exceeding profitable sales targets.
- A creative and resourceful mindset that thrives in entrepreneurial environments.
- A focus on leadership by example, a bias for results and execution, and a proven drive to succeed.
- Proven ability to learn and convey product features and benefits to technical buyers as an expert in the industry.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated.
- Power Point, Excel, and Word skills required.
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- Experience working with distribution to successfully grow market share.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- 7+ years of experience selling control products to US Golf, Lawn care, Ornamental and Professional Pest Control and Public Health markets.
- Amazing health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Company vehicle and T&E budget
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday pay
- Wellness program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.