The Quality Control Chemist at AMVAC performs quality control evaluations of raw materials, process intermediate streams and finished products to assure conformity to established specifications. This position is for shift work, which is subject to change depending on production schedules. The position is to support AMVAC’s manufacturing plant that operates 24 hours, Monday through Friday.
AMVAC®, an American Vanguard company, has successfully served the results‐driven global markets through development, manufacturing, and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct the testing required to assess the quality of raw materials, process intermediate streams and finished products.
• Use and maintain standard analytical laboratory equipment such as, but not limited to, Gas Chromatography (GC) and High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) instruments.
• Perform physical property testing including, but not limited to, density, pH, water content and viscosity measurement.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area per OSHA and GLP standards.
• Perform other assignments as necessary and as directed by management.
Skills & Qualifications
• Chemistry background in analytical, organic and/or inorganic laboratory (GLP) techniques.
• QC analytical methods for both (Gas Chromatography) and LC (Liquid Chromatography).
• Ability to analyze and interpret data from experiments and analytical instruments.
• Knowledge of Rheology.
• Standard formulation physical property testing including, but not limited to pH, density and suspensibility.
• Calibration and operation of analytical instrumentation including, but not limited to, titration equipment, viscometer and density meter.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to effectively share information with others in the department and with the production personnel.
• Flexibility to operate in a rapidly changing environment.
• Must be able to pass post-offer physical, background checks and other tests as required.
• B.S. Chemistry degree or B.S. in scientific field that includes laboratory experience and/or significant prior experience in a similar laboratory environment.
• Analytical laboratory experience in a chemical or formulation setting desired.
• Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision
• Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options
• Life / AD&D Insurance; AFLAC available
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
• Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) with employee discount
• Bonus program
• Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.