The Quality Control Chemist at AMVAC performs quality control evaluations of raw materials, process intermediate streams and finished products to assure conformity to established specifications. This position is for the 3rd Shift (8pm – 4am Monday through Friday, subject to change depending on production schedules).
AMVAC®, an American Vanguard company, has successfully served the results‐driven global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct the testing required to quantify the quality of raw materials, process intermediate streams and finished products
- Use and maintain Gas Chromatography (GC) and High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) equipment
- Perform physical property testing including density, pH, water content
- Maintain a clean and safe work area per OSHA and GLP standards
Skills & Qualifications
- Chemistry background in analytical, organic and/or inorganic laboratory (GLP) techniques
- QC analytical methods for both (Gas Chromatography) and LC (Liquid Chromatography)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from experiments and instruments
- Knowledge of Rheology
- Formulation physical property testing including pH, density, suspendability
- Calibration and operating instrumentation including titration equipment, spectrophotometer and density meter
- Computer skills in including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills; able to effectively share information with others in the department and with production personnel
- Flexibility to operate in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be able to pass post-offer physical, background checks and other tests as required
- B.S. Chemistry degree or B.S. in scientific field that includes laboratory experience
- Analytical laboratory experience in a chemical or formulation setting desired
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.