AMVAC’s Quality Control (QC) Chemist performs quality control evaluations of raw materials, process intermediate streams and finished products to assure conformity to established specifications. The QC Chemist works a rotating shift and is an important team member at AMVAC’s Chemical Manufacturing plant that operates 24 hours x 365 days per year.
AMVAC® Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, successfully serves the results‐driven global market through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural, horticulture and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct the testing required to quantify the quality of raw materials, process intermediate streams and finished products
• Use and maintain Gas Chromatography (GC) and High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) instruments
• Perform physical property testing including density, pH, water content & report results
• Record data, maintain logs, produce and deliver reports
• Maintain a clean and safe work area per OSHA standards
• Work a rotating shift schedule (24 x 7) including weekends and holidays
• Perform other assignments as necessary and as directed by management
Skills & Qualifications
• Chemistry background in analytical, organic and/or inorganic laboratory
• QC analytical methods for both GC (Gas Chromatography) and LC (Liquid Chromatography)
• Experience with calibration and operation of instrumentation including titration equipment, spectrophotometer and density meter
• Experience testing samples / Analytical laboratory experience
• Ability to analyze and interpret data from experiments and instruments
• Excellent communication skills; able to effectively share information with others in the department and with production personnel
• Flexibility to operate in a rapidly changing environment
• Computer skills in including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Must pass post-offer physical, background checks and other appropriate tests as required
• B.S. Chemistry or Bachelor of Science in a scientific field that includes laboratory experience
• Exceptional health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision at low cost to employees
• Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
• Life and AD&D insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
• Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) with employee discount
• Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
• Wellness program and more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.