The Bioprocess production technician performs all the tasks necessary to process raw materials into high quality crop microbial products using fermentation technology for Agrinos, an American Vanguard Company at the US Microbial Production Facility, located in Clackamas, OR.
Responsibilities include the set-up, operation, maintenance, cleaning, batch harvesting and packaging of the product using a variety of fermentation tanks, support tanks and associated equipment. Day shift.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform and coordinate daily activities and procedures in the production of high-quality crop microbial products
- Perform cellar activities including line building, liquid transfers, ferment tank sanitation, and control panel operations
- Follow established processes and procedures to ensure consistency in operations and that quality assurance standards and production demand are met
- Measure and blend ingredients into process tanks ensuring the quality of products through strict process check points
- Harvest and package product
- Responsible for upkeep of raw material and finished product inventory
- Receive, inspect and unload in-bound materials using power equipment, pallet jacks, etc.
- Palletize, label and shrink wrap outbound product for shipment
- Prepare and distribute shipping documentation in coordination with freight vendors
- Load and unload material onto truck trailers using forklift
- Perform general sanitation and light maintenance on large fermentation vessels and associated equipment
- Report and track product parameters and monitors quality
- Ensure safe work environment by identifying and eliminating potential hazards and incorporating proper body mechanics into procedures
- Monitor wastewater disposal process according to protocols; Data collection and analysis
- Maintain the highest standard of facility hygiene and organization exemplifying LEAN manufacturing and housekeeping procedures
- Write, revise, and update Standard Operating Procedures that effectively and efficiently accomplish Production quality goals
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years’ in a brewery / distillery liquid fermentation environment or combination of education & experience
- Microbiology, Fermentation or Bioprocessing studies / experience preferred
- Proven history of safe working practices
- Forklift operation
- Proficient computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting ability
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and prioritize complete work within given deadlines
- Mind-set for process improvement, with proven track record of efficiency improvement
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations (add, multiply, subtract, etc.)
- Ability to push, pull / lift 50+ lbs safely; enter tight and restricted areas climb heights (20’-30’)
- This position is also expected to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required
- Must pass pre-employment background check; physical and other tests as required
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Life insurance
- Health Savings / Flexible Spending Accounts available
- Wellness programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.
AMERICAN VANGUARD / AMVAC / AGRINOS is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.