As part of AMVAC’s Engineering Department, the Production Engineer is responsible for start-up, troubleshooting and production of chemical products in the plant; and supports Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) and other facets of the Process Safety Management (PSM) Program. The Production Engineer assures proper process documentation is developed, reviewed, and made available to the operations team at the Axis manufacturing facility.
AMVAC Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard® Company, headquartered in the U.S., is a global technology solutions provider for agriculture and a leader in proven chemistries, green solutions, precision application systems including SIMPAS® and SmartBox®, and sustainability solutions for plant and soil health.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and make improvements to operations through process troubleshooting and optimization
- Continuously seek ways to improve production rates, yields, quality, and costs
- Prepare Process Commissioning and Turn Around Procedures for production campaigns
- Troubleshoot any processing, quality or equipment abnormalities
- Provide detailed process training to operators and process overview training to plant personnel
- Provide support for plant PSM system including process hazard analyses, pre-startup safety reviews, and process changes through Management of Change (MOC) process
- Assist on capital projects and plant start-ups
- Collect and document operating data for production campaigns
- Complete campaign postmortem and summary report
- Maintain up-to-date P&IDs and PFDs
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory safety & environmental requirements
- Comply with and ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years’ chemical plant experience with a broad technical understanding of plant operations
- 5+ years’ experience in industrial or manufacturing setting is preferred
- Basic knowledge of chemical engineering unit operations
- Plant optimization experience required
- Knowledge of computer word processor and spreadsheet programs (MS WORD & EXCEL)
- Experience with DCS / PLC controls – Honeywell or DeltaV a plus
- Ability to read and understand P&ID's
- Ability to troubleshoot process equipment and instrumentation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work as a team member as well as independently
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test & participate in random drug testing
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering (BSChE) from an accredited university required
- Master’s degree a plus
AMVAC offers an exceptional benefit package including long-term growth potential and the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company with a high standard of safety and professional excellence
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with low out-of-pocket employee costs.
- AMVAC Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard® Company, (NYSE: AVD) offers an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match. Additional benefits include Vacation, Sick, Holiday time off as well as an Employee Wellness program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.