The Procurement and Logistics Coordinator is responsible for placing purchase orders for all AMVAC Chemical locations and tracking the orders to ensure timely delivery. This individual will be in daily communication with the manufacturing plants, purchasing and suppliers. Must be detail-oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills.
GemChem is a distributor of pharmaceutical products and supports the manufacturing efforts of AMVAC Chemical Corporation. GemChem is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Vanguard (NYSE: AVD).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Create purchase orders & sales orders and distribute to the designated suppliers
- Track all orders and ship dates on supplier spreadsheets
- Monitor and communicate shipping details to the manufacturing plants nationwide
- Update price changes and communicate to appropriate personnel
- Ensure accuracy of invoices and submit to accounting
- Balance monthly sales and commissions working closely with accounting department
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with shipping, logistics and/or supply chain
- Good time-management skills with sense of urgency
- Effective communication, both verbal & written
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail with numbers
- Ability to work independently in a small office with a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with outside vendors and internal colleagues both by email & phone
- Must pass post-offer drug testing, background checks and other appropriate testing as required
- HS Diploma (or equivalent) required
- College degree preferred
- Customer service experience
- 2+ years of procurement experience
- 2+ years of logistics – International experience a plus
- Demonstrates excellent computer skills, especially e-mail and spreadsheets
- Microsoft Outlook; Word, Excel
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.