Responsible for the management and coordination of all activities involved in the Operation & Maintenance of a 24 hour, 365 day operational chemical process unit, utilizing highly hazardous chemicals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure proper implementation of plant policies, programs and standards consistent with corporate policies. Supervises the application of such policies to the plant’s manufacturing operations.
- Coordinates the execution of manufacturing schedules based on sales requirements and plant capacity
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance of operations that ensures the most effective return of assets
- Ensures safe and efficient utilization of equipment and facilities
- Ensures 100% compliance with all company policies, safety standards, environmental permits and regulations
- Coordinates and participates in long-range plant expansion, conversion, equipment planning, installation, R & D activities, and new equipment purchases.
- Prepare annual operations, maintenance and capital budgets
- Maintain conformance to cost and budgetary limits
- Recommend and justify capital projects, manage project design and installation in all areas
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both the physical safety issues and employee safety attitude. Maintain and improve housekeeping
- Controls quality, waste generation, cost of production, warehousing, shipping and receiving of raw materials, finished goods through appropriate subordinates
- Manage emergency response drills and is a part of the plant emergency Response Team
- Participates in Process Hazard Analysis / Safety Committee / Environmental Committee, etc. meetings
- Participates in training of new hires, writing of Standard Operating Procedures, Training Program, etc.
- Participates in conducting safety training.
- Participates in evaluation and certification of personnel as far as operational capability is concerned.
- Instill and maintain standards of excellence in site Supervisory team
- Flexible and able to deal with rapidly changing situations
- Recommend changes where changes justifiable by Cost and Time Studies
- Reviews and recommends matters of personnel or rate changes
- Attract, develop and retain personnel that are aligned with the company’s values and principles
- On Call, nights, weekends, holidays as required to get the job done
- Manage other jobs as assigned by Senior Managers
This Position includes:
Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA). 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchasing Plan offered. Additional benefits include Vacation, Sick, Holiday time off as well as a Wellness program.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Skills & Qualifications
Must also pass post‐offer drug test, background check and other appropriate tests as required.
This position requires a minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering with 10 plus years of similar experience in a Chemical process Industry coupled with above average leadership, analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of local, State federal regulations which apply to the Facility
- Prior experience in Process Safety management.