Opportunity for a Chemical Plant Engineer with Specialty Chemicals experience for AMVAC’s Los Angeles manufacturing plant. Combined process and field engineering experience required. The ideal candidate has a desire to assist with new process development and be part of the plant’s management team.
AMVAC Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot operating unit operations
- Design and/or specify equipment to meet all applicable environmental and safety regulations
- Field engineering including set up sequence, sketches, and requirements for equipment installation
- Prepare start-up check list and provide operator training
- Select instrumentation for optimal production
- Specify materials of construction
- Perform equilibrium calculations on existing and proposed processes for debottlenecking and evaluation studies
- Evaluate, select and oversee contractor services & consultants
- Participate in HAZOP studies
- Prepare process flow sheets and P & I drawings
- Travel and limited stay at other manufacturing locations for operations assistance
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years’ plant engineer experience in an operating chemical plant with direct production responsibility
- Ability to define, collect, and analyze operating data for troubleshooting & design
- Understand rotating, equilibrium, and reaction equipment
- Experience modifying existing equipment and specifying mechanical design of new equipment
- Ability to perform vapor-liquid equilibrium calculations with or without software
- DeltaV experience preferred, PLC & DCS experience required
- Write technical reports that are clear, concise and informative
- Spreadsheet (EXCEL) ability essential; MS WORD, OUTLOOK, etc.
- Understand the need to conserve organizational resources
- Display original thinking and creativity; generate suggestions for improving work
- Self- starter; assume responsibility of own work. Little contracting out or delegating to others
- Fast track projects the norm; must meet deadlines
- Must also pass post‐offer drug test, background check and other appropriate tests as required
- BS ChE from accredited college
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings / Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.