AMVAC is looking for a full-time Painter with Industrial Painting experience. The ideal candidate is an expert painter who has experience painting equipment, applying protective coatings and maintaining buildings in a busy manufacturing plant that operates 24x7!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As an AMVAC Painter you will:
- Apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures
- Select premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors
- Smoothen surfaces and remove old paint from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting
- Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler
- Remove fixtures such as pictures and electric switch covers from walls prior to painting
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting
- Paint surfaces with brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers
- Simulate wood grain, marble, brick, or tile effects
- Create special effects by applying paint with brushes, sponges or cloths
- Erect scaffolding; set up ladders as needed to perform tasks above ground level
- Clean surfaces prior to painting using solvents or mildew remover
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of Industrial painting experience
- Be able to follow instructions (verbal & written) and adhere to safety procedures at all times
- Work outside in a field environment with exposure to inclement weather
- Work inside an active manufacturing facility with machinery operating
- Ability to function in a crisis situation under direction of Lead operator, supervisor or others in case of emergency in the manufacture of flammable, corrosive and highly toxic chemicals
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary including half face, full-face respirator or supplied air breathing apparatus
IMPORTANT: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration.
Must pass post‐offer drug testing, background checks and other appropriate testing and requirements as required if offered the position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- OSHA Certification a plus