The Maintenance Supervisor at AMVAC’s Los Angeles manufacturing plant will coordinate and supervise the work of employees in the maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds and equipment. Duties include overall responsibility for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical and related systems to ensure smooth and safe operations 24x7x365 days a year.
AMVAC, an American Vanguard company, successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. At AMVAC, Safety is our priority. The Maintenance Supervisor must be able to function in a crisis situation under direction of managers, supervisors or others in case of emergency in the manufacture of flammable, corrosive and highly toxic chemicals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and assign the work of maintenance employees & inspect work for completeness
- Maintain maintenance work orders and complete other routine paperwork and records; Approve time sheets
- Read and interpret Blueprints and isometric drawings; Work from drawings, verbal instructions and sketches
- Perform simple arithmetic calculations and fractions including shop math
- Supervise field & outdoor work and in the mechanic’s skill area including fabrication, erection, cutting, drilling, fitting and assembly of pipe and other equipment in various locations
- Supervise and/or help install, rearrange, dismantle, repair and reassembling complex equipment
- Determine materials, equipment and supplies to be used for current and future projects
- Transfer equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary
- Coordinate the installation, inspection, repairs and maintenance of electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all locations throughout the manufacturing plant and in buildings throughout the facility
- Coordinate other general repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware, hanging shelves and landscaping throughout the facility
- Diagnose complex equipment failures
- Coordinate and inspect major contract work on electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems
- Occasionally perform miscellaneous work in other trades and other duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience using various mechanic’s tools, inspection gauges and power tools such as grinders, cutters, drills and all types of pumps
- Possession of a current and valid motor vehicle operator's license
- Experience operating a forklift to move equipment and loads to work area
- Ability to work on ladders, scaffolds and in pits in all types of weather
- Ability and knowledge to perform general fire safety tasks and firefighting equipment, extinguishers; OSHA & Hazmat certifications
- Be able to function while wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including half face, full‐face respirator or supplied air breathing apparatus
- Excellent communication skills and must be able to fully understand, comprehend, and strictly adhere to both oral and written safety procedures and policies
- Availability for round-the-clock emergency work or repairs – both planned and unscheduled
- Must pass pre-employment physical, background check and other tests as required
- High School or GED required
- Certificate from college or technical school in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in industrial maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures. Formal training in related fields will substitute on a year‐for year basis.
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life – very low out of pocket expenses
- Health Savings / Flexible Spending Accounts available
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.