Responsible for ensuring timely deliveries of raw materials, supplies and customer orders. Coordinates logistical support for production planners, customer service, operations and transport companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates equipment positioning for bulk/non-bulk domestic shipments and resolves in-transit issues.
- Ensures timely delivery of inbound and outbound materials
- Tracks, bills, and releases railcars
- Send reports to track on-site road and rail equipment
- Coordinates activities to minimize demurrage charges
- Prepares documents and works with warehouse crew on outbound shipments
- Assists Domestic Lead in coordinating equipment washes, repairs, and inspections
- Other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Displays leadership qualities and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Qualified in DOT regulations with a clear understanding of the 49 CFR
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work as a team member as well as independently
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record
- Must participate in the random drug test.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check
- Associate’s degree preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
2 years previous experience in a manufacturing related position preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.