The Loader B position is responsible for the safe and environmentally sustainable loading and unloading of various forms of transport.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Certified in Track Mobile operation, Yard Tractor operation and on Fork Lift.
- Has a working knowledge of all plant chemical products, raw materials, and wastes.
- D. O. T. certified.
- Has a working knowledge of all of the plant unloading and loading systems including piping, pumps, and load meters.
- Proficient in all paperwork, bills of lading and manifests.
- Must be able to trouble shoot unexpected unloading and loading events.
- Have a working knowledge of how the carriers are contacted.
- Works with A operators to be able to load/unload tank trucks, containers, and railcars.
- Works with operations and supervision to keep tank levels sufficient to keep the plants funning with no downtime.
- Understands and performs drumming procedures.
- Comply and ensure compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Comply and ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Perform other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crouching, crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. The employee must frequently and safely lift and move items over 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to Travel:
This position does require the ability to travel if required.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, non-exempt position.
- This position will be required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work various shifts, including but not limited to weekend work is required.
- On call rotation may be required
- Ability to learn job tasks.
- Ability to perform minor maintenance.
- Ability to physically meet the needs of the job to include, climbing stairs, wearing respiratory protection, lift at least 75 lbs and varying physical tasks.
- Must be able to do basic math calculations and complete paperwork.
- Must be able to pass training for forklift, yard dog, and track mobile.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to participate in the respiratory program which includes but is not limited to being clean shaven and able to wear a respirator when safety needs dictate.
- Must participate in random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- AIDT Training strongly preferred.
- 0-3 years of loading/unloading experience.
- Previous experience loading/unloading hazardous chemicals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.