The International Regulatory Scientist at AMVAC is a talented, multi-lingual individual skilled in the art of regulatory affairs for agrochemicals. The candidate will be a member of the global regulatory affairs department (RAD), as well as an integral part of the International Team. Open to qualified candidates in the European Union.
AMVAC® Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, has successfully served the results‐driven global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the registrations & re-registrations for assigned AMVAC and wholly owned subsidiary products / projects in Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA), Asia-Pacific (APAC) & Latin America (LATAM) including the preparation, compilation & submission of product dossiers, as well as relevant scientific summaries & risk assessments.
- Provide regulatory expertise, support and advice to the Director of Registrations regarding regulatory actions required for assigned AMVAC products / projects in EMEA, APAC & LATAM.
- Manage the relationships and interactions with regulatory authorities in EMEA, APAC & LATAM for assigned AMVAC products / projects.
- Support the Director of Registrations with the regulatory budget for EMEA, APAC & LATAM.
- Support the outsourcing of scientific, regulatory expertise & contract research where required.
- Support the creation of core summary dossiers to facilitate the provision of high-quality information to regulatory authorities within the territory.
- Scientific peer reviewer of International Safety Data Sheets (SDS), in compliance with GHS, CLP and/or country-specific requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of successful experience in agrochemical regulatory affairs, preferably in EMEA, APAC and/or LATAM.
- Regulatory experience in biological products (microbials, biostimulants, biopesticides) & fertilizers is a plus.
- Good team player & proven ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally in English is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally in at least one other European language preferred.
- Negotiating, influencing and collaboration competencies.
- Ability to operate in a deadline-driven environment.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel internationally is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a science discipline is required.
- MSc degree in a science discipline is preferred (biology, ecotoxicology, or environmental sciences).
A competitive compensation package consistent with the successful candidate’s background and experience will be offered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.