The International Logistics Coordinator supports AMVAC's export and import operations for both incoming and outgoing international shipments by coordinating and handling the technical details of international transportation while ensuring compliance globally.
AMVAC Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing, and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. (NYSE: AVD)
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules shipments with Freight Forwarders following internal guidelines regarding expected delivery dates and cost efficiencies
- Establishes effective working relationships with Distributors, Freight Forwarders, Customs Brokers and 3rd Party Logistics Providers
- Works closely with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Supply Chain and the International teams providing excellent internal customer service
- Assists with preparation and review of required export documents including Hazardous Declarations (MDGs), B/Ls, VGM Certificates
- Executes comprehensive examination of import documentation including commercial invoices, international bills of lading (BOL) and related shipping documents for submittal to designated customs brokers
- Prepares TSCA and FTA Certificates to ensure compliance with international and U.S. laws related to import activities
- Follows US Government Import and Export regulations and procedures
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- HAZMAT certification (may be obtained post-employment; training provided)
- Related certifications a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in international transportation and compliance
- Import / Export experience including International Ocean Shipments; Incoterms®; Harmonized Tariff System; ITAR/EAR; Schedule B Classification; FTAs
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, EXCEL, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally with service providers and internal customers
- Team player who can proactively assist co-workers and fill-in as needed
- Accurate and attentive-to-detail with excellent documentation skills
- Experience working with Hazardous Materials and Chemicals preferred
- Must be able to pass post-offer background check
AMVAC offers an exceptional benefit package including long-term growth potential and the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company with a high standard of safety and professional excellence.
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, (PPO) with low out-of-pocket employee costs; Life Insurance; Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & AFLAC offered
- AMVAC Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard® Company, (NYSE: AVD) offers an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Additional benefits include Vacation, Sick, Holiday time off as well as an Employee Wellness program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.