Administer Health, Safety and Security Programs in an agricultural chemical manufacturing facility.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain written Health & Safety Program Manual
- Chair and coordinate Safety Committee Meetings
- Coordinate and conduct Safety Meetings
- Conduct New Employee Safety Orientation
- Coordinate and conduct Safety Orientations for contractors, visitors, etc.
- Schedule and Review Medical Exams (includes: audiogram, respiratory clearance, biological monitoring, and cholinesterase test)
- Maintain files for Accidents and Incidents; conduct & coordinate accident investigations
- File Workers’ Compensation Report– Coordinate return-to-work program
- Comply with the Chemical facilities antiterrorism standards (CFATS) as mandated by DHS
- Coordinate Air Monitoring Program
- Coordinate Noise Monitoring
- Approve and assist with Hot Work and Confined Space Entry Permits
- Maintain Prescription Safety Glasses and Safety Shoe Voucher Programs
- Conduct risk assessments and recommend appropriate safety equipment
- Safety Data Sheets Review Committee – Review AMVAC Safety Data Sheets
- Maintain Raw Materials Safety Data Sheets
- Coordinate Emergency Response, Code Blue Drill and Training
- Coordinate Plant Safety Equipment Inspection
- Coordinate Fire Equipment Inspections.
- Update HazMat CUPA Annual Report and Business Plan for manufacturing and laboratory facilities
- Coordinate and Conduct facility safety inspections
This Position includes:
Shift differential pay. Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA). 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchasing Plan offered. Additional benefits include Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay and Wellness program.
Commensurate with experience
Skills & Qualifications
Must also pass post‐offer drug testing, background check and other appropriate tests as required.
Bachelor Degree in Health & Safety or related field.
Minimum of 5 years work experience. Industrial experience will be considered in lieu of a Degree.