The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving company programs and training for compliance with regulatory health and safety requirements, Federal OSHA, State and Local Relations, and AMVAC corporate objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and manage all safety training required for plant employees and all training records.
- Maintain health and safety programs and records as required by law and company policy.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of all incidents and accidents.
- Responsible for coordinating Incident Investigations and maintaining all required records.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies are followed by conducting weekly audits of the plant and issues a weekly report with action items.
- Responsible for issuing a weekly Safety Report informing the Leadership Team of Safety Issues, Audits, Trends, etc.
- Monitors development, trends and legislation related to health and safety and recommends policy and procedural improvement as appropriate.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all Health & Safety Procedures.
- Maintains OSHA 300 log.
- Responsible for annual audits of Safety Programs such as LOTO and Respiratory Protection.
- Responsible for employee awareness program.
- Manages and oversees paramedic program and employees.
- Responsible for all safety equipment inspections.
- Audits all hot work permits, safe work permits and confined space permits.
- Audits all mobile powered vehicle inspections.
- Responsible for coordinating Fire Suppression System Testing and maintaining records.
- Responsible for fire extinguisher, safety showers, fall protection, exit signs inspections.
- Responsible for random drug testing program.
- Coordinates Emergency Response Team Drills onsite.
- Responsible for reviewing and participating in all overhead crane lifts.
- Responsible for auditing O2 monitors.
- Conducts safety training for all new hires.
- Reviews and approves safety aspects of all management of change (MOCs).
- Conducts Job Safety Audits of new and existing process.
- Reviews/Approves all Safety Invoices.
- Coordinates Contractor Safety/Security training and clearance through TVTC and DuPont.
- Represents Axis in any regulatory visits and inspections.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Performs other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
This position has extensive management and supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crouching, crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. The employee must frequently safely lift and move items over 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to Travel:
This position does require the ability to travel if required.
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, exempt position.
- This position may be required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be a role model and be recognized as a leader with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both orally and in written form.
- Manages all resources related to manpower, assets, and capabilities while juggling multiple priorities and following policies and procedures.
- Interacts with subordinates and managers on a daily basis to deal with, influence and motivate employees or groups of people while aligning work with strategic goals
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Good understanding of the current company objectives and committed to achieving the goals relating to this position.
- Strong philosophy, principles and practices of risk management.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and Federal, State and Local Relations.
- Coach managers, supervisors and field personnel who fail to follow company policies and procedures in the desired behaviors.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to participate in the respiratory program which includes but is not limited to being clean shaven and able to wear a respirator when safety needs dictate.
- Must participate in random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety preferred.
- 5 years safety/health experience preferred or a combination of education and applicable experience equivalent to above requirements.
- Must have prior supervisory experience.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.