The Formulations Quality Supervisor is responsible for the safe, efficient, and environmentally sound operation of the Formulations Granules packaging facilities. The Formulations Quality Supervisor operates from established and well-known procedures under general directions and minimum supervision. The position is responsible for monitoring the operations of the Formulations facility. The Formulations Quality Supervisor oversees the activities of all personnel to assure policy compliance and production schedules are met while the facility operates in a safe and efficient manner.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures quality controls are followed and quality issues are identified on product prior to leaving Amvac Axis facility.
- Coordinates the loading of finished product.
- Ensures efficient operation of the Formulations Granules packaging facilities.
- Coordinates packaging operations between production unit and packaging facilities.
- Coordinates turnarounds for production and maintenance.
- Tracks production and makes adjustments as needed to meet quotas.
- Conducts lab sample pulls as needed.
- Communicates to employees expected production and safety standards.
- Trains employees and ensures compliance with all plant operating procedures
- Documents and maintains training records on all employees.
- Mentors and supports Formulations employees.
- Reviews and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Operating Conditions (SOCs).
- Tracks, investigates, and completes incident investigations (II’s) and Management of Changes (MOCs) and subsequent action items.
- Assists in Root Cause Analysis on quality issues and safety investigations.
- Operates forklift, yard dog, and track mobile following all company and safety requirements.
- Supervises the activities of all personnel.
- Assures that personnel issues or operational conditions are properly dealt with, including but not limited to, safety and medical emergencies, personnel issues, regulatory agency interaction, and technical (process) issues.
- Ensures housekeeping and cleanliness of work areas.
- Coordinates mechanical/electrical maintenance and I&E activities as required.
- Ensures that the facility is running within company policies and procedures across all Operations areas, including Manufacturing, Maintenance, Distribution, Human Resources, Safety and the Supply Team.
- Coordinates the activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives, including but not limited to managing the deployment of personnel across all work areas and prioritizing production schedules.
- Ensures proper inventory of Formulations materials and supplies and assists Formulation Planner when necessary.
- Conducts lab samples pulls as needed.
- Supervises the completion of routine inspections and regulatory interaction. Plans as well as ensures that the operating and maintenance staff handles hazardous materials and wastes in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Assists in the training of new personnel, as required.
- Manages the execution of special projects as assigned by Formulations Supervisor.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Complies and ensures compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives.
- Perform other assignments as necessary and directed by management
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust and/or fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, loud noises, and/or vibrations.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at the manufacturing site.
- This position may occasionally require work performed in various and/or extreme weather conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day or at various times of day. The employee must frequently and safely lift and move items over 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to Travel:
This position does require the ability to travel if needed
Position Type and Working Hours:
- This is a full time, regular, exempt position.
- This position will be required to work nights and/or weekends as job duties demand.
- Department and/or production needs determine employee work schedules.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be a role model and be recognized as a leader with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both orally and in written form.
- Manages all resources related to manpower, assets, and capabilities while juggling multiple priorities and following policies and procedures.
- Must be forklift, track mobile and yard dog certified.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Interacts with subordinates and managers on a daily basis to deal with, influence and motivate employees or groups of people while aligning work with strategic goals.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
- Ability to operate DCS system.
- Proven ability to handle complex process, business, and personnel issues independently.
- Ability to physically meet the needs of the job in all types of extreme weather, to include, but not limited to climbing stairs, wearing respiratory protection, lift at least 70 pounds, open and close valves, sometimes overhead or in awkward locations, climb in pipe rack wearing fall protection, monitoring field devices.
- Knowledge of plant operations (manufacturing, distribution, maintenance) required, as well as knowledge of safety (OSHA) regulations.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must participate in the Safety monthly blood draw program.
- Must be able to participate in the respiratory program which includes but is not limited to being clean shaven and able to wear a respirator when safety needs dictate.
- Must participate in random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- HAZWOPER 40 hour class required.
- Vocational or technical degree preferred.
- AIDT Training strongly preferred.
- 5 – 10 years of manufacturing experience required.
- 3 years supervisory experience required.
- Chemical industry experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.