Prepares, defines, develops, implements, maintains, and improves environmental and training programs for full compliance with federal, regional, state, and local regulatory environmental requirements and AMVAC corporate objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, define, develop, implement, maintain, and improve environmental and training programs to allow for full compliance with all environmental compliance oriented regulatory requirements and AMVAC objectives.
- Conduct audits of compliance and take action(s) to assure facility wide compliance and for continued improvement to the environmental compliance performance record.
- Prepare, maintain, and/or submit plans, reports, manuals, and related requirements including but not limited to those required by: RCRA, PBR, SPCC, SWPPP, P2, AER, SMR, PPE, TRI SARA III, 1173, CWC, SB14, TSCA, AB2588, AB617, and others.
- Prepare and submit environmental permit applications, modifications, and renewals.
- Review draft and final laws, permits, rules, and regulations for applicability and appropriate response.
- Represent the facility and participate in communications and interactions with and/or inspections by regulatory agencies and related entities and the community.
- Maintain complete and adequate records and documentation as required by law and by AMVAC.
- Supervise environmental personnel in the performance of their duties and other requirements.
- Provide support as required:
- To the plant in emergency response and in achieving environmental, sustainability, source reduction, waste minimization, cost reduction, industrial hygiene, and safety goals.
- To the Corporate Director of Environmental Health and Safety in the audit of TSDFs and other requirements.
- To offsite AMVAC facilities, customers, and business partners to insure the proper management and disposal of hazardous wastes related to AMVAC products.
Skills & Qualifications
- Communicate effectively with all levels of AMVAC personnel and with representatives of governmental agencies.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Graduate degree in a science area (preferably environmental compliance and/or chemical orientation).
- Knowledgeable about and understand the most significant laws and regulations pertaining to but not limited to air; water; storm water; wastewater; solid, universal, and hazardous wastes; pesticides; transportation; and safety.
- Minimum 3 years industrial experience or equivalent alternate experience.
- Excellent Compensation plan
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.