AMVAC has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Process Control Systems Engineer at their Axis, Alabama location. The Control Systems Engineer at AMVAC supports and maintains the plant-wide Distributed Control System (DCS), standalone PLC's and plant alarm systems as an integral part of the Engineering Department. Interaction with all areas of the manufacturing plant site are inherent to this position as well as the ability to problem solve and prioritize activities to meet project deadlines. Honeywell Experion experience required.
AMVAC, an American Vanguard company, successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and resolve Process Control Systems (PCS) for Honeywell Experion PKS and TDC3000 Advanced Process Manager issues related to field instrumentation integrating with the control systems
- Provide DCS/PLC automation configuration support operations and engineering
- Provide control system configuration changes required to support turnarounds and capital projects
- Support and maintain the DCS hardware throughout the manufacturing plant site
- Identify areas that need process control optimization
- Document processes control strategies; prepare and deliver progress reports
- Keep up to date of developments and innovation in process control engineering
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, safety regulations, and with all regulatory & environmental requirements
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be a role model and be recognized as a leader with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing resources related to manpower, assets, and capabilities while juggling multiple priorities and following policies & procedures
- Ability to read and understand PFDs and P&ID's
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Interact with subordinates and managers on a daily basis to deal with, influence and motivate employees or groups of people while aligning work with strategic goals
- Work as a team member as well as independently
- Maintain confidential information in a professional manner
- Must be able to pass a physical and drug test.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Homeland Security approved pre-employment criminal background check
- BS Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years’ manufacturing plant experience with a broad technical understanding of plant operations; chemical manufacturing experience ideal
- 2+ years' experience in Process Control Engineering in a related industry
- Honeywell Experion PKS (Process Knowledge System) and Honeywell TDC 3000/3000X
- Equivalent experience with other control systems such as: Rockwell ControlLogix and Modicon PLCs
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Health Savings / Flexible Spending Accounts available
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
AMVAC, an American Vanguard company, successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. (NYSE: AVD)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.