Combined process and field engineering for operating plant, plus new process development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot operating unit operations
- Design and/or specify equipment to meet all applicable environmental and safety regulations
- Field engineering ability to set up sequence, sketches, and requirements for equipment installation
- Prepare start up manual/check list and provide operator training
- Select instrumentation
- Specify materials of construction
- Perform equilibrium calculations on existing and proposed processes for debottlenecking and evaluation studies
- Evaluate/select contractor services; supervise same
- Participate in HAZOP studies.
- Prepare process flow sheet and P & I drawings
- Evaluate consultant abilities for contract services selection
- Travel and limited stay at other locations for operations assistance.
This Position includes:
Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA). 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchasing Plan offered. Additional benefits include Vacation, Sick, Holiday time off as well as a Wellness program.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to perform vapor-liquid equilibrium calculations with or without software
- Ability to define, collect, and analyze operating data for troubleshooting/design
- Ability to specify mechanical design of new equipment, or modify existing equipment
- Write technical reports clearly, concisely, and informatively
- Spreadsheet ability essential
- Conserves organizational resources
- Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work
- Understands rotating, equilibrium, and reaction equipment
- Self- starter; assume responsibility of own work. Little contracting out or delegating to others
- Fast track projects the norm; must meet deadlines
- Must also pass post‐offer drug test, background check and other appropriate tests as required
BS ChE from accredited college.
Five years’ experience in operating chemical plant with direct production responsibility.