California - Los Angeles
Designated Lead Person and Unit Supervisor
Work at manufacturing environment, reporting to the designated Lead Person and Unit Supervisor.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Position containers and cartons for production packaging operations. Position cartons in line, paste labels, position carton liners and pads in cartons as directed. Operate power or hand stapler to fabricate cartons. Operate labeling machine.
- On and off load conveyors with empty and filled containers. Place full containers in cartons. Stack filled cartons on pallets. Position empty pallets. Check completed package for neatness and verify all containers to have filled correctly for weight and /or volume
- Position and tighten caps on containers using manual torque wrenches.
- Fill containers by hand, opening and closing spigots/filling machine as required. Weigh filled containers to check accuracy of filling machine.
- Label drums, cartons, jars, bottles, cans, sacks etc.
- Maintain environment compliance by practicing good housekeeping, keeping Chemical /hazardous waste containers closed and properly labeled /stored.
- Work safely with and around toxic and corrosive chemicals and must be willing to wear proper safety equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses, chemical resistant aprons, dust mask, rubber gloves, respirator, safety boots, rain protection gear, apron and other equipment as required.
- Operate forklift to move palletized, packaging goods, drums etc. to and from work area.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co‐workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations and fractions.
- Ability to operate Stapling machine, forklifts, power and other hand tools.
- Ability and knowledge to perform general fire safety tasks and fire‐fighting equipment, extinguishers, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous Dry powder blending work in other similar areas or as directed by Supervision.
- Availability to work in shifts when required.
- Ability to lift full cartons, drums and jugs.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.