CHEMICAL PACKAGER - AMVAC CHEMICAL CORP
Entry level - starting at $18.00/hour
HIRING IMMEDIATELY! AMVAC is hiring direct, full-time employees starting at $18.00/hour in Axis, AL. OT (overtime) guaranteed every pay period & $.75 cent shift differential when working nights. This is a swing shift position working 3-2-2-3 packaging chemicals at AMVAC’s Axis plant site.
WE OFFER: Full benefits available. Medical insurance starts at $16/month with $10 copays. ($66/month for an entire family!). $25k life insurance policy at no cost to you. $6/year vision insurance, dental benefits that cover adult ortho, and we offer Roth and Traditional 401k available with 5% company match dollar for dollar. ESPP available to purchase company stock at a discount rate.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean, prep, and inventory supplies for packaging automation equipment
- Operate and make adjustments to equipment to keep machinery moving smoothly
- Inspect incoming materials and reports deficiencies to Supervisor
- Inspect production equipment and clearly define production needs
- Adapt quickly to changing needs or operations to safely meet quality production needs
- Must be able to perform all job tasks at any positions
- Identify and report plant conditions as necessary
- Monitor and support automation packaging equipment
- Troubleshoot issues that arise at their station including, but not limited to:
- Warning messages on equipment monitors
- Simple mechanical issues
- Ability to repair and maintain automated production equipment as necessary
- Operate forklifts to move material safely
- Safely operate and maintain Box washing equipment
- Perform other mechanical or housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor or manager
- Comply and ensure compliance with all regulatory safety and environmental requirements
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, practices and lawful directives
- Perform other assignments as necessary and directed by management
- Work Schedule: Day/Night rotating 12 hour shifts / weekends and holidays
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be able to pass a drug screen/physical and be able to safely lift 70 pounds
- Must be clean shaven and be able to properly use a respirator.
- Must be comfortable having blood drawn, as monthly blood draws are required due to the chemicals at the plant.
- High School Diploma (or equivalency) required.
- Experience in a labor role required. (landscaping, warehouse, construction, etc.).
- Compensation commensurate to experience
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision,
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay & more
AMVAC, an American Vanguard company, is an essential business that successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing, and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use. (NYSE: AVD)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.