As a Bagger & General Laborer, you will support AMVAC’s manufacturing efforts at the chemical plant in Los Angeles by bagging products, working with different machines, preparing palletized containers for shipment and operating forklifts. AMVAC operates as an essential business with strict Covid precautions in place.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate forklifts in close quarters to move equipment and loads to work areas
- Work safely with and around toxic, flammable and corrosive chemicals
- Wear proper safety equipment such as hard hat, safety glasses, chemical resistant suit, dust mask, rubber gloves, respirator, safety boots, rain protection gear, apron and other equipment as required
- Work outdoors in the bagger’s area operating bagging machinery, blowers, drum pickers, glue gun, palletizer, stretch wrapping machines, etc.
- Maintain compliance with AMVAC policies and procedures
- Maintain safe, organized and clean work areas
- Label, seal, tag and palletize containers for shipment per DOT & EPA requirements
- Complete and maintain paperwork as required for shipment, tracking and reporting
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Physical requirements include kneeling, bending, stooping, standing and walking for long periods of time outside and in all weather
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment, drums and bagged material up to 60 pounds on a regular basis
- Work on ladders, climb on scaffold and in pits and tight locations
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations and fractions without a calculator
- Follow all safety procedures and wear required safety equipment
- Ability to perform general fire safety tasks and use of firefighting equipment such as extinguishers; learn and follow OSHA requirements and guidelines
- Must pass post‐offer background checks, pre-employment physical and other appropriate testing as required
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, overtime as required in AMVAC’s manufacturing plant that can operate 24 hours per day, every day of the year
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Health Insurance including Medical Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.