AMVAC’s Assistant Unit Supervisor - PCNB is responsible for the hands‐on supervision of lead operators and supporting the manufacturing activities of a 24 hour, 365‐day operational chemical process unit utilizing highly hazardous chemicals. This position reports to the Unit Supervisor – PCNB Manufacturing and is accountable for the safe, continuous and efficient operations resulting in the desired quantity and quality of product.
AMVAC Chemical Corporation is an essential business that successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing & marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports and assists the Unit Supervisor of PCNB manufacturing and, in their absence, assumes the responsibility of Unit Supervisor
- Provides direct supervision of Lead Operators and chemical operators with respect to operating parameters, procedures, production volume and quality of production to meet production schedules
- Stimulates maximum safety, efficiency and productivity of production personnel
- Ensures safe and efficient utilization of equipment in the Unit and throughout the plant
- Confers with the PCNB Supervisor in establishing shift standards and working schedules for all unit personnel
- Maintains 100% compliance with all company policies, safety standards, environmental permits/regulations and good housekeeping practices
- Prepares inventory and production reports
- Prepares and maintains operating and maintenance records
- Responsible for proper maintenance and inspections required under PSM (Process Safety Management)
- Reviews and updates SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Issues Hot Work, Confined Space permits as needed
- Participates in emergency response drills and is a part of the Plant Emergency Response Team
- As required, participates in Process Hazard Analysis / Safety Committee / Environmental Committee meetings
- Participates in training of new hires, provides on-going development and implementation of Training Programs
- Assists in overseeing and conducting safety trainings
- Participates in evaluation and certification of personnel as far as operational capability is concerned
- Works closely with other departments to schedule and ensure receipt and shipment of raw materials and products
- Surveys all operating data on a daily basis to determine areas of process investigations, determine causes, and implement remedial actions
- Assists with scheduling and ordering of operating supplies, raw materials, etc.
- Performs other plant activities and duties related to operations, maintenance, or engineering as outlined by Unit Supervisor or Plant Manager
Skills & Qualifications
- This position requires excellent interpersonal/communication skills coupled with above average analytical and technical skills
- 3+ years of experience working in a specialty chemical or similar manufacturing plant
- Knowledge of chemical processing equipment (agitated reactors, heat exchanges, pumps, absorbers, scrubbers, distillation, and cooling towers)
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- Computer skills including MS WORD & EXCEL
- PLC / DCS experience – Delta V preferred
- Hazmat experience and training – 40 hour preferred
- Must be able to work all shifts including Swing Shift, Holidays and Weekends
- Must pass post‐offer drug testing, background checks and other appropriate testing and requirements as required if offered the position
- Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering or technology or related field
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.