AMVAC’s Administrative Assistant provides high-level administrative assistance to the Plant Manager, Los Angeles. This individual performs confidential duties and related special projects using a high level of discretion and personal judgment. The position requires maintenance and coordination of sensitive and confidential materials. This is a part-time position (20-24 hours per week).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Receive and direct visitors and clients.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, faxing and mailing.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Retrieve documents from filing systems.
- Work with management in coordination of special events, estimates costs, manages budgets, coordinates on-site elements and communicates information.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors.
- Prepare agendas for meetings; prepare and maintain schedules.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Maintain office supply inventories.
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment.
- Coordinate and maintain records.
- Comply with all regulatory safety requirements and with all regulatory environmental requirements.
- Comply with all company policies, practices, and lawful directives.
- Other assignments as necessary and directed by management.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years administrative experience supporting senior management.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Computer skills with a proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) are required.
- Ability to follow through on tasks, meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Positive approach and willingness to accept new projects as required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
- Shows initiative in achieving plant objectives.
- Pro-active approach and willingness to accept delegated projects and responsibilities.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to handle multiple routine tasks and requests.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be prompt, dependable and have a good attendance record.
- Must pass post‐offer drug testing, background checks and other appropriate testing and requirements as required.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
AMVAC Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, is an essential business that successfully serves global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.